Sunday, July 13, 2008

Assisi Week 2

July 13 2008
Ive been in Europe for a month now. It seems like it is flying by. This last week went by really fast it seemed and I didnt really do that much. Every day I go to the grocery store in the morning and then take the train to Foligno in the afternoon to go to English camp. There werent enough kids for me to work it so I just hang out at the pool all day and sometimes play kickball and soccer with the kids. Its not too bad of a deal.

This weekend we went to a town called Arrezo to meet up with some other kids we knew from English camp. Their camp was at a nice hotel in the mountains. We went swimming during the day and then they had a mideval dinner they cooked for us. I think their camp had a mideval theme or something because they had all these costumes. We had to dress up for the dinner and everything. Gave us pork and a bit of this salad stuff. It was really good. Afterwards we went to the cafe and had a glass of wine. The hotel also let us sleep in the lobby for free. They gave us pull out beds. It was a bit odd sleeping in a lobby but it was free so I didnt complain. In the morning we took the train back and hung out in Assisi. Right now I am uploading some pictures to the internet on Picasa. You can look at them here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Baddock86/AroundTheWorld

Ive booked a flight to London on July 25th. Im going to meet up with my English friend Sophie and she is going to show me around for the weekend. Im looking forward to it since Ive only flown through London.

- Alex

No comments: