Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back to Assisi

July 6th 2008
Im back to Assisi for a few weeks now. Meghan left on Friday the 4th to go home. It felt a little funny when she left because I really realized that I was across the world by myself. I have had this feeling before, but it is a bit odd when it happens. You are in a safe place and know youll be fine but you know no one. I met up with Nate later that day and the feeling went away, but I suspect I will really get it when I am in Hong Kong by myself in August.

Right now my plan is to fly to London on Friday July 25th and stay for the weekend before my flight to Hong Kong. Assisi is a relaxing place. The weather has been really nice even if its a bit hot. It cools of a bit at night and there is not much humidity so it has not been bad. I have been reading the book the Life of Pi the past few days since Meghan finished it and didnt want to take it home. She said it was weird but I have been unable to put it down. Nate has a bunch of books so when I finish it I guess I will start on one of his.

Something that is almost a miracle has already happened in Assisi. I have started to eat onions. Nate puts them in almost everything and one night i was so hungry I just ate them and decided they are not that bad if they are cooked. I know. I cant believe it. Who knows what else this city will do to me if it already has me eating onions after 2 days. I was thinking I would start running again too. We will see about that one.

So last night we sat on the porch and drank wine as the stars came out. Dont worry Ashley was there too. It wasnt just nate and me. If you are wondering why I am not punctuating my contractions its because I cant find the key. Anyways, it was really nice out and we had a glass of wine. The really cool thing was that the monks sing on Saturday night so we heard them singing as the stars were coming out. After wine we went and got some ice cream and sat in the square next to the chruch. We start every day with a cup of coffee at the coffee bar next to Nates apartment. This place has a nice small town feel but still has a lot to do. Its much different here but so far I like it.

- Alex

- Alex

No comments: